The Ring Video Doorbell is gaining popularity as a way not only to let you know when people are at your door, but also to keep any eye on your property and packages that are on your porch. Ring now has different types of cameras, generations and security devices for an at home security system. Along with the cameras and devices, Ring allows you to view notifications, video, and audio on your mobile device with their Ring App.
The Ring App itself is free, but a monthly subscription is required for recording. For just one device per month it is $3, but if you purchase the full year you save $6, for multiple devices it’s $10 per month or $100 for the full year. If you want recording for multiple devices and also have it attached to emergency services available 24 hours a day, that’s $200 per year.
The nice thing about this is Ring gives you savings for the different packages they offer. You are also able to use a Ring Video Doorbell without any subscription. They allow you to see Live footage of your device and also notify you when motion is sensed for free. You just do not get the ability to look back at past footage. In this instance if you don’t view your device while it senses motion then you won’t be able to see what motion was being sensed.
A nice feature offered by Ring is allowing anyone that has a device the ability to be notified by other neighbors of questionable characters. For example if there is a lot of packages being stolen and one is caught on a ring camera, that image can be sent to your neighbors that have these devices to keep an eye out for that individual.
What we liked:
- Knowing when someone or something is at your door.
- You can talk from the app making people know you are watching them.
- Variety of Subscription package and prices are very fair.
- Ability to keep neighbors eyes on certain individuals.
- Video footage is clear and audio is good for being an outdoor device.
What we disliked:
- Sometimes motion sensor can pick up flurries, bugs or something that doesn’t require your attention.
- Sometimes video cuts out and part of clip is deleted.
- Changing the WiFi network can be cumbersome if a new wireless router is purchased.
- The battery life is good, but notification that the battery is getting low requires attention within 24-48 hours.
When researching and reviewing the Ring Video Doorbell we have concluded that this device is a device that is very effective for keeping an eye on your property when you aren’t home. Although it is used mainly for security, the Ring has evolved to become so much more:
- It is a tool used for a neighborhood watch.
- It allows people to know when packages are delivered.
- It can give peace of mind to an individual keeping an eye on the outside of a family members house.
- It can also let individuals that want to creep around the property to know not only that they are being watched, but recorded at the same time.
This device and all of the Ring devices are a great way to have an inexpensive home security system.
Check Prices on Amazon: The Ring Store
Ring Doorbell and Security Devices
The Ring Doorbell and its security devices is a way to set up your own home security easily and very cost effective. The abilities and features the Ring is always doing its part in updating features to maintain their popularity among US consumers. Some of these features are Live Video and audio footage, recorded video and audio footage (with the ring app subscription), ability to communicate with voice through the ring app, the ability to sense motion, the ability to notify neighbors of certain individuals that have appeared on video footage.
The Ring subscriptions are also cost effective and do not break the bank. The app is very user friendly and allows for multiple users to access the same account. Setup is very easy and the app walks you through the specific way to install (wired or wireless). If you want to be aware of all the activity that is going on at your property while you are home and away, this is the device for you.